Never been to the Summit or want to come back for another week? The Summit is excited to announce its Mountaineer Program for Scouters (registered adults over the age of 18) who would like to volunteer for a week (or longer) on staff at the Summit.
A variety of volunteer opportunities are available, based on the interests and skills of the applicant. Mountaineer volunteers have worked as commissioners, merit badge counselors, lifeguards, medical staff, training center support, maintenance, transportation team members, and more!
The prospective volunteer identifies their interests, skills, and availability on the online application. The Summit matches these with its summer seasonal needs and contacts the volunteer to gauge interest in the opportunities that are available. When an agreement is reached, the individual will receive a volunteer agreement letter, with key planning information, to help them prepare to serve at the Summit.
*Applications for volunteer service must be submitted at least two weeks before the desired session to provide time for processing.
- Must be available for at least one week (six consecutive days) or longer.
- Only adults (18+) will be considered.
- Must be currently-registered adult leader in the Boy Scouts of America and submit proof of membership in the volunteer onboarding process.
- Complete a criminal background check (processed by the Summit Bechtel Reserve).
- For positions requiring special training or certificates, present a valid credential or certificate of training.
- Have current Youth Protection Training.
- Agree, in the onboarding process, to the Summit Bechtel Reserve Code of Conduct.
Please note that Mountaineer volunteers are responsible for their travel to and from the Summit Bechtel Reserve.
- All meals are provided for the duration of the volunteer agreement.
- Lodging in an awesome 10’x12′ staff tent for the duration of the volunteer assignment.
- Two staff shirts (Blueberries) are provided.
- Summit Mountaineer patch available only to Mountaineer volunteers (one of the rarest patches distributed by the Summit).
- Work with good people at the newest BSA High Adventure Base, building youth into the leaders of tomorrow!
To apply for this job please visit www.summitbsa.org.