Reports to Program Director, Camp Big Timber Outdoor Academy
In collaboration with the Elgin School District U-46, the Three Fires Council has developed an outdoor summer enrichment
program for 1st through 6th grade students. We are seeking educators and staff to work with children in part-time and full-time
positions. This program will run from June 5th to August 3rd on Monday through Thursday each week. There is a full day program
from 9am to 4pm and an afternoon program from 1pm to 5pm.
Three Fires Council is seeking several motivated, experienced, and enthusiastic educators to join an outdoor nature-based,
experiential education program. In the primary context of nature and with a focus on community and project-based learning, our
program is aimed at supporting the intellectual (including academic), social, emotional, and physical development of young people, grades 1st to 6th.
The Educator would facilitate curriculum for a specific grade level through project-based experiences in an outdoor classroom
setting and collaborate with the Three Fires Council, BSA to develop and execute this summer program.
Duties and responsibilities
• Maintain an environment that is physically, emotionally, socially safe and welcoming for students.
• Using curriculum provided, plan out and deliver daily activities for grades 1 – 6.
• Lesson plans will center around one subject. I.E. nature, art, music, social skills, etc.
• Differentiate instruction for unique interests and capabilities of students.
Three Fires Council is committed to compensating staff competitively.
• The Educator position will be compensated at a regular hourly rate starting at $18/hour.
• Pay is based on experience and qualifications.
• Summer staff positions are temporary, seasonal, non-benefited positions and do not include paid vacation time.
• Potential for any dependent children within the age range of programming to attend camp for free.
Hours and Dates
On an average day, camp check-in will begin at 8:30am and run through 3:30pm with check-out ending by 4:00pm. Camp operates Monday through Thursday starting Monday, June 5th and ending Thursday, August 3rd. The camp will not operate on July 4th
in observance of the National Holiday. Camp Staff training days will be May 30th – 31st and June 1st.
• Most staff will work from 8am – 4pm Monday through Thursday.
• Staff meetings: during regular work hours before or after the start of programming.
• Training/setup day: participate in a mandatory training/setup day in the days before camp begins.
• Camp cleanup: participate in cleaning and packing up camp for an additional 1-5 hours in your last week of camp, typically
some additional hours at the end of the day.
The needs of camp and resulting staff hours may vary. We seek and make offers to staff who we believe can thrive in a flexible
environment, both professionally and personally.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org