Reports to Program Director, Three Fires Council BSA
In collaboration with the Elgin School District U-46, the Three Fires Council has developed an outdoor summer
enrichment program for 1st through 6th grade students. We are seeking educators and staff to work with children in
part-time and full-time positions. This program operates June 5th to August 3rd on Monday through Thursday each
week. There is a full day program from 9am to 4pm and an afternoon program from 1pm to 5pm.
As the Program Director, you will oversee the implementation of the curriculum through the leadership of a team
of educators. Your job will include many responsibilities with the goal of creating a safe and fun environment that
fosters each individual student’s desire to learn in an outdoor classroom setting. The Program Director will infuse
their own creativity and talent into the program.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in the development of curriculum for the summer education program.
• Oversee and lead the daily delivery of outdoor based curriculum through educators.
• Provide support to educators through management of inventory, program support, and staff management.
• Working with the Camp Director, supervise and support a staff of 20 – 30 ensuring a positive experience.
• Assist in classes, providing support where needed, potentially leading classes or delivering program/curriculum.
• Ensure classrooms are staffed and prepared for daily instruction and that the schedule flows smoothly.
• Plan and lead the end of year graduation ceremony.
• Hold regular staff meetings such as needed.
• Ensure all staff and participants adhere to the guidelines set forth in the staff and participant code of conduct.
• Maintain a safe environment for campers and staff.
• Ensure curriculum is developed and delivered through leadership given to a team of educators.
• Assist the Camp Director in ordering supplies on time and maintaining proper inventory counts.
• Adjust program as needed to meet circumstances and ensure rainy day programs are in place.
• Three Fires Council is committed to compensating staff competitively.
• The Program Director will be compensated at a regular weekly salary starting at $1000 per week.
• Pay is based on experience and qualifications.
• Summer staff positions are temporary, seasonal, non-benefited positions and do not include paid vacation time
• Potential for any dependent children within the age range of programming to attend camp for free
Hours and Dates
On an average day, camp program will begin at 9am and run through 5pm with time before and after for check-in and
check-out. Camp operates Monday through Thursday starting Monday, June 6th and ending Thursday, August 4th. The
camp will not operate on July 4th in observance of the National Holiday. There will be days, as the camp approaches,
where we work on staff training and camp set up. This position will require work to be done prior to the start of camp
specifically focused on content/curriculum development.
• Most staff will work from 8am – 5pm Monday through Thursday
• Being a camp leadership position, it will be expected to work before and after the start of the day as needed.
• Staff meetings: during regular work hours before or after the start of programming
• Training/setup day: participate in a mandatory training/setup day in the days before camp begins.
• Participate in closing camp for additional time in your last week.
• The needs of camp and resulting staff hours may vary. We seek and make offers to staff who we believe can
thrive in a flexible environment, both professionally and personally.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com